Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Custom mini figures!

I love capsule toys. Even as an adult, I can't help myself but to pour quarters into the things when I have time. So when SoKo Cat and I saw these at a shop in NYC, I couldn't help but beg her to let me paint them up.

I know they are a take on "Rat Fink" style monsters, in the style of Big Daddy Roth. I love this surfer/hot rod genre. I took the mono color figures, gave them a good wash and some primer and away we went. 








I am very happy with the outcome, the colors pop and I added little details like gloss to the eyes to give them that extra pop.

They are available now in my webstore for $12 each, blind box purchase. I will throw in a sketch card with each purchase.

Enjoy!  

2 comments:

  1. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. These are really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have this strange impulse to take these unloved and ugly little things and make them shine a bit. It really isn't time effective, but I get a deep satisfaction when I am finished.

    ReplyDelete